Dr. Tina Eckert
Country of Origin: Germany
About Our Doctor
Dr Tina Eckert is a Consultant Ophthalmologist with over 10 years of experience. Specializing in eye and retina treatments, Dr Tina has served across varied hospitals in the UAE and Germany. Well versed in English and German, Dr Tina’s core interest areas are vitreoretinal diseases. She started her residency at the University eye clinic Marburg, which was well known for the management of vitreoretinal diseases. She later worked in a teaching hospital of the Charite in Berlin, Schlosspark Klinik, where she was working in the vitreoretinal section as a consultant. She also has experience working with children and has performed strabismus surgery. Dr Tina then pursued her role as a consultant ophthalmologist in one of the biggest clinics for cataract and refractive surgery in Berlin, where she worked on many cases (more than 1000/year) and also performed several cataract surgeries, including toric IOLs and multifocal IOL implantation.
In 2017 she relocated to Dubai with her family.
- German Board of Ophthalmology (Facharzt) Sep 2012
- Dissertation Oct 2011
Molecular genetic examination to the role of TP53BP1 in patients with breast carcinoma and in rare radiation sensibility syndromes under the supervision of Prof. Dr. med. P. Hillemanns at the Department of Gynaecology and Human Genetics at the Hanover Medical School. Ph.D. /Dr. Med with magna cum laude
- Medical license, ‘Approbation’/ Admittance as a Physician (grade 1,49)
- Outpatient care for general ophthalmology healthcare (inclusive children eye exam and management)
- Vitreoretinal surgery (diabetic eye diseases, retinal detachment repair, epiretinal membranes, macular holes)
- Intravitreal injections (e.g., Eylea, Lucentis, Ozurdex)
- Cataract surgery (toric IOLs and multifocal IOLs)
- Laser treatment for retinal diseases
- Laser treatment for the anterior segment
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment and care, especially retinal diseases and glaucoma
- Outpatient care for ophthalmology healthcare (infections, glaucoma, emergencies)
- Investigative ophthalmology (e.g., visual field, OCT and OCT-angiography, fluorescence angiography, Ultrasound)
- German Ophthalmological Society (DOG)
- Association of Ophthalmologists (Berufsverband der Augenärzte, BVA)
- Berlin-Brandenburgische Augenärztliche Gesellschaft, BBAG
- European VitreoRetinal Society (EVRS)
Visit our family at EHDSMC and get to know more about Dr Tina and how she can cater to your health needs.