Dr. Nicola Ford
Specialist Family Medicine
Country of Origin: New Zealand
About Our Doctor
Dr Nicola is a Specialist in Family Medicine with over 10 years’ experience in Primary Care. She was raised and educated in New Zealand, graduated with a degree in medicine (MBChB) from the University of Otago in 1998 and completed a Diploma of Child Health (DCH) in 2001. Nicola worked in various specialties in hospitals across New Zealand between 1998 and 2004 (also UK 2003) before joining the NZ General Practice Training Programme in 2005. She has worked in General Practice since this time, completing her fellowship (FRNZCGP, conferred 2013) while also working in General Practice Clinical Education.
Dr Nicola moved to Dubai with her husband and two young children in 2012. She joined Cooper Health Clinic in 2014 with the opening of the Motor City branch, then moving in 2018 to Emirates Hospital Motor City when these clinic branches merged.
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine and Surgery (MBChB) – University of Otago Medical School, New Zealand
- Specialist in Family Medicine – Fellow of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Child Health
- Professional Associations: Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- General Practice/Family Medicine – first point of care for acute/minor illness in all age groups
- Chronic disease management
- Preventive Medicine/Well Checks including cervical pap smears