Dr Khizara Amin
Country of Origin:
About Our Doctor
Dr Khizara Amin is a specialist psychiatrist certified by The Arab Board of Health Specialisations. Backed by extensive experience in working alongside individuals and organisations, Dr Khizara takes special interest in child/adolescent psychiatry as well as women’s mental health issues, including marital stressors, abuse and pre- and post-natal mental disorders. Born and brought up in the United Arab Emirates, she has an excellent understanding of the Emirati culture and background. This, combined with her inherent empathy and compassion, helps establish instant rapport with patients.
Dr Khizara uses the biopsychosocial model and supportive psychotherapy to treat her patients,and is skilled in psychiatrist assessment and diagnosis, prescription and monitoring of psychiatric medications. Dr Khizara is proficient in English, Arabic, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
Diagnosis and treatment of:
- Anxiety disorders, panic disorders, agoraphobia, obsessive compulsive disorders, social anxiety, performance anxiety
- Mood disorders: depressive disorders, bipolar affective disorder
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Personality disorders
- Gender identity disorders
- Eating disorders
- Sexual disorders
- Substance related disorders: treatment of addiction
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Abuse: physical, emotional, domestic, sexual
- MBBS – Gulf Medical University – Ajman
- Board Certifications or Equivalent-o Certification in Psychiatry from The Arab Board of Health Specialisationso Extensive psychiatry training from Sheikh Khalifa Medical City
o General medical training – Bromley Hospital, UK
o General medical training – Sheikh Zayed Hospital, Pakistan
Visit our family at EHDSMC and get to know more about Dr.Khizara and how she can cater to your health needs.